Luck – that fickle creature that comes and goes as it pleases. It whimsically chooses who floats and who sinks with no more seaworthy captain than chance at the helm. Right? While we hve yet to gain the ability to predict last nights winning lotto numbers. There are still a few ways to prepare your brand to tackle adversity and get that bada$$ lady luck on your side. Here are five ways that you can prepare yourself for success during hard times in the future according to inc.com and sungardas.com
- Prioritize your relationship with your existing customers – sometimes brands get so caught up in trying to gain new customers that they forget to value the ones that are already there. Before, during, and after a hardship, it is important to remain loyal to the people who are loyal to you as well. Communicate, engage, and find out what they want!
- Invest in your business – don’t wait until your brand is struggling to give it the TLC that it needs. Update your website frequently, stay on top of new technology that could benefit your brand, and come up with a new corporate image and strategy before you desperately need one. Don’t wait until it is too late to start giving your brand the maintenance that it needs.
- Invest in yourself – even when your brand reaches success, it is important to never stop learning and bettering yourself as a person and innovator. Read books involving your area of expertise, listen to podcasts about how to better yourself as a leader, and don’t be afraid to learn a new skill. God forbid another pandemic hits, these new skillsets could save you and your company from going under.
- Make your work accessible and adaptable – as we all know, COVID made many people work from home. This was a big adjustment period for everyone. Is your business zoom friendly? Are your employees equipped with the technology and resources that they need to thrive outside of the physical office? Understand how lack of physical connection can or may impact your business.
- Put some money away – when hard times hit your company, you will be so happy that you have the emergency fund that you do. It helps to keep a separate account for savings so that you have it when you need it the most.
Preparation makes life look lucky. Is your brand prepared for whatever life throws at it?